• Net sales amounted to SEK 209.1 million (197.3 m)
• The operating loss was SEK 72.5 million (-22.1 m)
• The operating loss adjusted for one-off items amounted to SEK 54.3 million (-22.1 m)
• The loss after tax was SEK 75.8 million (-30.9 m)
• EPS was SEK -1.32 (-3.30) Following new share issues during the period the number of shares increased to 152,885,018 compared with 9,333,332 at the corresponding period last year.
Report period april-june 2009
• Net sales amounted to SEK 412.6 million (370.3 m)
• The operating loss excluding capital gains was SEK 130.4 million (-51.6 m)
• The operating loss excluding capital gains and adjusted for one-off items amounted to SEK
106.0 million (-51.6 m)
• The operating loss was SEK 130.4 million (+23.4 m)
• The loss after tax was SEK 139.4 million (+5.1 m)
• EPS was SEK -4.19 (+0.55) Following new share issues during the period the number of shares increased to 152,885,018 compared with 9,333,332 at the corresponding period last year.
Significant events during and after the report period
• The preferential share issue was fully subscribed during the report period and raised around SEK 164 million for BRIO before administration costs. BRIO subsequently repaid a loan of SEK 140 million to Proventus AB.
• The offset share issue amounting to around SEK 152 million with BRIO’s main creditors was carried out.
• On 29 June BRIO changed stock market and trading of BRIO’s ordinary class B shares along with preference class C and D shares was initiated on NGM Equity. BRIO applied for delisting from NASDAQ OMX Stockholm as the distribution of BRIO’s newly issued preference C and D shares did not meet requirements for listing on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm exchange.
• Following the completion of the refinancing measures, the Group’s equity/assets ratio is 30.6%.
• BRIO continued with its rationalization scheme during the report period to cut costs by around SEK 80 million per year, which will achieve full effect in 2011. One-off costs of SEK 18.2 million for initiating the rationalization scheme impacted negatively on the report period’s results. The scheme continues and further one-off costs are expected to impact on coming quarters.
• As part of the rationalization process, BRIO’s subsidiary in the UK was wound up. Meanwhile BRIO entered into a distribution agreement with Treasure Trove Holdings Ltd concerning the sale of both toys and baby products on the UK market.
• BRIO’s subsidiary, BRIO Partner, entered into a partnership agreement with the Norwegian franchise chain, Yes! Vi Leker.
This information is published by BRIO AB (publ) in accordance with Swedish Law regarding the securities market and/or the law regarding trading in financial instruments. The information was submitted for publication at 4 p.m. on 23 July 2009.