• Net sales amounted to SEK 234.2 million (218.5 m)
• The operating loss was SEK 8.6 million (-9.6 m)
• The loss after tax was SEK 17.2 million (-8.9 m)
• EPS was SEK -0.11 (-0.95)
Report period january – september 2009
• Net sales amounted to SEK 646.8 million (588.8 m)
• The operating loss excluding capital gains was SEK 139.0 million (-68.3 m)
• The operating loss excluding capital gains and adjusted for restructuring costs was SEK 114.6 million (-68.3 m)
• The operating loss was SEK 139.0 million (+13.8 m)
• The loss after tax was SEK 156.7 million (-3.8 m)
• EPS was SEK -2.15 (-0.41)
Significant events during and after the report period
• Thomas Lassen took over as BRIO’s goods supply director in August, with responsibility for the Group’s purchases, production and logistics. A Group-wide goods supply unit will create more effective processes and integrate sustainability in the supply of goods. Thomas joins the company from a similar position at TechData and will be part of the Group management team.
• Anders Hagert also joined the company during the report period as the new divisional manager of BRIO Baby, a position previously held by BRIO’s CEO Andreas Sbrodiglia. Anders will also be part of BRIO’s Group management team and takes up his position in January. He is currently responsible for Emerging Markets at ArjoHuntleigh.
“It’s pleasing that despite the current recession, we are increasing sales and strengthening our positions on the market. Costs and tied up capital in stock both fell over the quarter, which is the result of the ongoing change initiative. It’s important now to continue pushing the change initiative forwards to further cut costs while improving our positions on the market,” says BRIO’s CEO Andreas Sbrodiglia.
This information is published by BRIO AB (publ) in accordance with Swedish Law regarding the securities market and/or the law regarding trading in financial instruments. The information was submitted for publication at 3 p.m. on 3 November 2009.