• Income amounted to SEK 239.5 million (234.2 m)
• The operating loss was SEK 21.0 million (-8.6 m)
• Adjusted for restructuring costs the operating loss was SEK 21.0 million (-8.6 m)
• The loss for the period was SEK 24.2 million (-17.2 m)
• EPS before dilution was SEK -0.16 (-0.11)
• EPS after dilution was SEK -0.16 (-0.11)
• Cash flow from current business was SEK -32.4 million (-18.3 m)
Period january – september 2010
• Income amounted to SEK 611.2 million (646.8 m)
• The operating loss was SEK 62.9 million (-139.0 m)
• Adjusted for restructuring costs the operating loss was SEK 60.5 million (-114.6 m)
• The loss for the period was SEK 65.1 million (-156.7 m)
• EPS before dilution was SEK -0.43 (-2.15)
• EPS after dilution was SEK -0.42 (-2.13)
• Cash flow from current business was SEK -110.6 million (-118.4 m)
Significant events during the reporting period
• Unrealised market value effects as a result of the revaluation of BRIO’s hedging of currency negatively impacted the reporting period’s operating profit/loss by SEK 22.2 million. Providing that currency rate relationships don’t change significantly gross earnings will be positively affected over the next ninemonth period.
• To meet the short-term impact on cash flow of strong seasonal variations in the business, and secure the right conditions for building a liquidity reserve during the autumn high season, credit facilities were temporarily extended.
Significant events after the reporting period
• There have been no significant events after the end of the reporting period.
CEO’s comments “We still face major challenges within logistics and goods flow, including delayed deliveries of baby products and consolidation of toy stocks, and we must emphasize that we are currently in a phase of comprehensive changes that will take time to implement. Meanwhile we are seeing continuing positive development. During Q3 the Group increased sales by 6.3 per cent when adjusted for completed restructuring, and our gross margin climbed by 2.0 percentage points compared with the same quarter last year. The toys division has shown specially good progress with a sales increase of a full 12 per cent, primarily driven by new efforts focused on BRIO’s wooden train products and Alga’s products.”
President and CEO, BRIO
This information is published by BRIO AB (publ) in accordance with Swedish Law regarding the securities market and/or the law regarding trading in financial instruments. This information was submitted for publication at 3.15 pm on 28 October 2010.