Data protection declaration
1 Information on the collection of personal data
2 Your rights
3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
4 Further functions and offers of our website
5 Objection or revocation of the processing of your data
6 Use of Google Analytics
7 Use of Google AdWords Conversion
8 Use of Google Remarketing
9 Insertion of YouTube videos
10 Insertion of Vimeo videos
11 Insertion of Google Maps
12 Use of Sitecore Analytics
13 ShareThis Plugin
14 Use of the Facebook pixel
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that refers to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Responsible pursuant to Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the BRIO AB, address: Box 305, SE-201 23 MALMÖ, Tel: +46406194000, E-mail: email@example.com . Should you have questions, comments, or criticism about data protection, or if you wish to assert your rights described below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our postal address with the addi-tion “The data protection officer.”
(3) If you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we save the data you give us (your e-mail address, if applicable your name, and your phone number) so that we can answer your questions. We erase the data collected in this context when it is no longer necessary to save it or limit its processing if statutory data storage regulations apply.
(4) If we use service providers for individual functions of our offer, or if we wish to use your data for ad-vertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the processes involved here. We also inform you there about the storage duration criteria that apply.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
– Right to request,
– Right to rectification or erasure,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to object to processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you visit our website simply to find out information, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data your browser sends to our server. If you view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for the display of our website and for us to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6, Para. 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of access
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the access (concrete page accessed)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transferred
– Website from which the access originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the above data, cookies are saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and associated with the browser you use. They provide certain information to the body which places the cookie (in this case our company). Cookies can-not execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make websites generally more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies. Their scope and how they function is explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Included in this type in particular are session cookies. They store a so-called session ID which enables the allocation of various inquiries of your browser to the joint session. This means your computer is recognized again when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time. This time can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings to your wishes and e.g. reject the storage of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that if you deactivate cookies you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) Apart from using our website merely to find information, you can also use various services. For this, you usually need to provide further personal data that we use to provide the service. The data processing principles stated above also apply here.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. We select these service provid-ers carefully and commit them to observe our instructions. We regularly check their compliance.
(3) Furthermore, we can pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer participation in cam-paigns, prize draws, conclusions of contracts, or similar services together with these partners. You will receive further information about this when you enter your personal data or, if the offer is described in more detail in this data protection declaration, below.
(4) If our service provider or partner is based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this when you enter your personal data or, if the offer is de-scribed in more detail in this data protection declaration, below.
§ 5 Objection or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have issued your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Once you have issued this revocation, it affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data by us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests (Art. 6, Para. 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR), you can object to this processing. This is the case when processing the data is especially not nec-essary for fulfilling a contract with you. We describe this in the following description of functions. If you express such an objection, we request that you give us the reasons why you do not wish us to process your personal data as we normally do. After you have submitted your objection with reasons, we will examine the circumstances and will either cease or processing or processing, or explain to you our com-pelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process the data.
(3) Of course, you can object the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection of processing for advertising purposes using the contact data given in § 1 (2).
§ 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies – text files saved on your computer that enable an analysis of your use of the website. Usually, the information on your use of this website generated by the cookie is saved to a Google server in the USA. However, if you enable IP anonymization on this website, Google will first trun-cate your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other states which have signed the European Economic Area Agreement. Only in exceptional cases will Google transfer the full IP ad-dress to a Google server in the USA and truncate it there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with other services associated with use of the website and the internet.
(2) The IP address transferred by your browser to Google Analytics is not associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can choose settings in your browser software to prevent cookies being saved for Google Analytics; however, we must point out that you may then not be able to fully use all the functions of this web-site. Furthermore, you can prevent the transfer to Google of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp() ” function. This ensures IP addresses are truncated before they are processed, which rules out personal identification. Therefore, if the data collected about you enables personal identification, it is immediately excluded, and the personal data erased.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website, so we can regularly improve it. Applying the statistics gained in this way, we can improve our offer and make the website more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) Information about the third party: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, data protection overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
§ 7 Use of Google AdWords Conversion
(1) We use the services offered by Google AdWords in order to draw attention to our attractive offers by means of advertising material (so-called Google AdWords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful our individual advertising measures are. We do this because our concern is to display advertising that is of interest to you, to make our website more attractive to you and to be able to make a fair calculation of our advertising costs.
(2) This advertising material is supplied by Google via so-called “Ad Servers”. For this purpose, we use Ad Server Cookies, which provide certain parameters to enable measurement of success, such as the inser-tion of the advertisements or clicks by the user. If you have reached our website via a Google ad, Google AdWords will save a cookie on your PC. Generally, these cookies expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. As a rule, the following are saved to this cookie as analysis values: unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) plus opt-out information (marking to show that the user does not want to be contacted again).
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognize your browser. If a user visits certain of an AdWords cus-tomer’s pages and the cookie stored on his or her computer has not yet expired, Google and the custom-er can see the user has clicked on the ad and been directed to this website. Each AdWords customer is allocated a different cookie. This means cookies cannot be traced via the websites of AdWords custom-ers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data in the advertising measures mentioned above. Google merely makes statistical evaluations available to us. Using these evaluations, we are able to see which of the advertising measures are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data collected from the use of the advertising material; in particular, we are unable to identify the users from this information.
(4) Based on the marketing tools used, your browser automatically makes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of data collected by Google by means of this tool and therefore inform you according to the state of our knowledge: by integrating AdWords Conversion, Google receives the information that you have called up the relevant part of our internet site or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can allocate the visit to your account. Even if you have not registered with Google or are not logged in, there is a possibility that the advertising provider may find your internet protocol address and save it.
(5) There are various ways in which you can prevent being involved in this tracking procedure: a) by an appropriate setting of your browser software: the suppression of third party cookies in particular will mean that you will not receive any ads from third party advertisers; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” , https://www.google.de/settings/ads, although this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-related ads of the advertising providers that form part of the self-regulating “About Ads” campaign, via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, although this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your Fire-fox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We must point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this offer to their full extent.
(6) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 Section 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. You can find further infor-mation on data protection at Google here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. As an alternative, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield; https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 8 Use of Google Remarketing
Along with AdWords Conversion, we also use the Google Remarketing application. This is a procedure we use if we wish to contact you again. After your visit to our website, this application can be used to insert our ads into your further internet use. This is done via the cookies saved in your browser, which are used by Google to record and evaluate your user behavior in visiting various websites. In this way, Google has been able to record your prior visit to our website. According to Google’s own statements, there is no merging of your personal data with data collected as part of the remarketing process which may have been saved by Google. In particular, according to Google, a pseudonymization procedure is used in re-marketing.
§ 9 Insertion of YouTube videos
(1) We have inserted YouTube videos into our online presence. These are saved on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube will obtain the information that you have called up the relevant sub-page of our website. In addition, the data described in Section 3 of this declaration will be transferred. This occurs regardless of whether you have a YouTube user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data are directly allocated to your account. If you do not wish them to be allocated to your YouTube profile, you will need to log out before activating the button. YouTube saves your data as a user profile and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or to design its website to be a better reflection of demand. Such an evaluation is made particularly to provide appropriate advertising (even for users who are not logged in) and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of this user profile, although you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) You can find further information on the purpose and scope of the data collected and their processing by YouTube in the data protection declaration. Here you can also obtain further information on your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 10 Insertion of Vimeo videos
(1) We have inserted Vimeo videos into our online presence. These are saved on http://www.vimeo.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) When you visit the website, Vimeo will obtain the information that you have called up the relevant sub-page of our website. In addition, the data described in Section 3 of this declaration will be trans-ferred. This occurs regardless of whether you have a Vimeo user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you do not wish them to be allocated to your Vimeo profile, you will need to log out before activating the button. Vimeo saves your data as a user profile and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or to design its website to be a better reflection of de-mand. Such an evaluation is made particularly to provide appropriate advertising (even for users who are not logged in) and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of this user profile, although you must contact Vimeo to exer-cise this right.
(3) Information about the third party: Vimeo, Inc.
555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA; data protection declaration: https://vimeo.com/privacy; Vimeo is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 11 Insertion of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we make use of the services of Google Maps. With these, we can display interactive maps for you directly on the website and enable convenient use of the map function for you.
(2) From your visit to the website, Google will obtain the information that you have called up the relevant sub-page of our website. In addition, the data described in Section 3 of this declaration will be trans-ferred. This occurs regardless of whether Google has provided a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data are allocated directly to your account. If you do not wish them to be allocated to your Google profile, you will need to log out be-fore activating the button. Google saves your data as a user profile and uses it for purposes of advertis-ing, market research and/or to design its website to be a better reflection of demand. Such an evaluation is made particularly to provide appropriate advertising (even for users who are not logged in) and to in-form other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of this user profile, although you must contact Google to exercise this right.
(3) You can find further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider in the provider’s data protection declaration. Here you can also obtain further information on the rights and setting options to protect your privacy in this matter: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 12 Use of Sitecore Analytics
(1) We use a web analysis service provided by Sitecore in order to analyze the use of our website, so we can regularly improve it. You can choose settings in your browser software to prevent cookies being saved for Sitecore Analytics; however, we must point out that you may then not be able to fully use all the functions of this website. The legal basis for the use of Sitecore Analytics is Art. 6, Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) Information about the third party: Sitecore Holding II A/S, a Danish limited liability company (CVR. No. 37624071). Data protection declaration: https://www.sitecore.com/trust/privacy-policy.
§ 13 ShareThis Plugin
(1) We use the social plugin of the bookmarking service provider. This allows you to share content of our website in social networks (e.g. Twitter, Facebook or Google+).
(2) If you use the functionalities of ShareThis while being logged in on the corresponding social media network (e.g. Twitter, Facebook or Google+), your visit of our website may be allocated to your user ac-count. If you do not want this data to be allocated, we recommend you not to use the functionalities of ShareThis.
(3) ShareThis does not receive any personal information about the user but compiles anonymous user statistics about the shared content. This data is deleted regularly.
(4) Information about the third party: ShareThis Inc. (“ShareThis“) , 250 Cambridge Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA; data protection declaration: https://www.sharethis.com/privacy/
§ 14 Use of the Facebook pixel
(1) We use Facebook Pixel on our website to display our advertisements (so-called Facebook ads) on Face-book to those Facebook users who have been visitors to our website or who have shown interest in cer-tain products or topics. In addition, we can use Facebook Pixel to statistically evaluate whether users were redirected to our website after a click on a Facebook ad (so-called conversion).
(2) We use the Facebook Pixel for marketing and optimization purposes. In particular, we can thereby turn more relevant and interesting Facebook Ads and improve our offer. The data collected about you by us are anonymous to us, so do not give us any conclusions about your identity. The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
(3) Third-party information: The Facebook social network is operated by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA or, if you are located in the EU, by Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information about the data collection: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616. You may object to the capture by the Facebook pixel and use of your data to display Facebook Ads. On the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads you can find information about the usage-based advertis-ing settings. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US framework.